Dallas Reformed Baptist Church exists today because of the work of Christ upon the hearts and minds of various men at different locations who came together through God’s wonderful providence. Several pastors who joined annually for the Pastors’ Conference held at Trinity Baptist Church in Montville, New Jersey prayed that Christ would raise a Reformed Baptist church in the Dallas area.
Two men in the Dallas area eventually met and began praying and searching for a local church in which they could lead their families and raise their children. They desired a church that was devoted to sound biblical doctrine and practice and had a heart for evangelism. In God’s providence, the two men made the acquaintance of one of the praying pastors from the Pastors Conference: Les Walthers. Pastor Walthers had served in the pastorate of Grace Reformed Baptist Church of Rocky Mount, North Carolina. He was then retiring and moving to the Dallas area. These three men and their families began meeting together on the Lord’s Day, February 4, 2001 as the Dallas Reformed Baptist Fellowship under the oversight of Grace Reformed Baptist Church.
On February 8, 2004, after the fellowship had grown in size to twelve members and exhibited evidence of being a true work of Christ, Dallas Reformed Baptist Church was formally constituted. The members promptly adopted the 1689 London Baptist Confession of Faith as their confession.
Later that same year, the members of Dallas Reformed Baptist Church agreed that Christ had provided an elder for them. On July 18, 2004, Pastor Walthers accepted the call to the office of elder.
To date, Dallas Reformed Baptist Church has experienced a great deal of unity and love among the brethren, as they continue to grow in the grace and knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ.